Pregnancy Circle @ A Moms Space- Tuesdays @ 5:30-6:30pm
Only $10 or 5 classes for $40 ($8/class). Starting August 9th. Click here to register.
Join me for a weekly community pregnancy circle for pregnant women. I have been teaching prenatal yoga since 2012 and have modeled my classes after the prenatal yoga class I took while pregnant, Yoga for Moms, in Baltimore, which was a class that created wonderful community through check-ins, conversation about life, pregnancy and the postpartum time. After teaching prenatal yoga in rented church and wellness center spaces and various yoga studios, and after 3 different yoga teacher certifications and 200 hour yoga teacher certification, I’m excited to bring the best of what I offer to pregnant moms at A Moms Space- community, connection, breath, movement, meditation and even a bit of reiki!
What you will get from this group- especially if you dedicate the time weekly to being part of the community- for the sake of you and your baby:
- A safe space to relax and let go of tension in your body/mind/spirit through conversation, questions, movement, breath and meditation.
- The knowledge and resources I’ve gained from the wisdom of other women I’ve taught and supported, as well as my experiences as a birth doula and postpartum doula (I’m a bit of a birth nerd so we can chat about all things birth and postpartum!)
- A safe space to talk and share about the unknowns of this birth- whether you already have another child, whether you are birthing at a hospital, birth center or home, we are all here to support each other without judgment, and to learn from each other.
- The favorite yoga poses and relaxation techniques I have found resonate with women at each stage of pregnancy, and are beneficial and safe for pregnancy.
- New mama friends and an opportunity to start growing or expanding your circle of support.
“Tekla’s yoga class was a treasured weekly ritual during my second pregnancy. I loved it so much! I was always eager to come share reflections with the community of mamas during “check ins” and eager to do the sacred work of connecting with my baby and my body through yoga. I always left feeling centered, strong, and supported. Tekla offers a wealth of resources for mamas at all stages of the mothering journey. She also has a true gift for creating community. Yoga for Moms holds the space for women to appreciate and celebrate the ordinary miracle of bringing our babies into the world.” ~ Emily, Yoga student
“I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your prenatal yoga class – was so nice to find some peace and calm in my otherwise hectic weeks, to meet some other like-minded mamas, and to gain some interesting perspectives on pregnancy and birthing.” ~ Abby, Yoga student